Navyug’s Custom OpenERP (now Odoo) solution has automated management processes at Garg Associates (a high-end cable manufacturing company).
Client: Garg Associates Pvt. Ltd. (India)
Project: ERP implementation for a Cable Manufacturer
The business was facing problem in identifying and controlling leakages in expensive raw materials like silver during manufacture.
The business also wished to implement robust Quality Control processes to ensure better product quality.
Key requirements of the business were:
- End-to-end tracking of materials through the manufacturing process.
- A quality management module, to maintain quality parameters and Quality results.
- Custom invoicing, labeling, bar-coding and many other manufacturing related processes.
• Sales & Marketing
• Accounts & Finance
• Extensive visits and interaction with staff and business owners – compared Openbravo and OpenERP (now Odoo) and shortlisted the latter as best-fit.
• Balsamiq mockups of solution shared with Client.
• Poker Planning, Agile methodology with daily standups, sprints, and retrospectives.
• Test Driven Development
• Code and Progress of work shared with Client on Git and Trac respectively.
- Maintaining personnel data of Corps of Engineers Army Officers /MES Officers.
- Defining complex, configurable rules to shortlist officers for postings.
- Run posting rules to identify the best man for the best job.
- Posting Process management, from inception to issue of Posting Orders.
- Maintain Noting Sheets.
- Maintain Data on ACRs.
- All legacy processes were replaced by ERP.
- Quality monitoring was enabled over the custom Quality Management Module.
- Adherence to statutory requirements was achieved through modification of reports and documents
OpenERP (now Odoo)
Python and XML.
Amazon AWS and Postgress
Manual UI testing, Balsamiq Mockups, Aptana IDE, Git Repository, Trac for Ticketing