E1B & MS12
These Quantified Posting Management Solutions ( 2 Web Applications) provide Branches of Indian Army Headquarters a Decision Support System to reach better posting decisions for Indian Army Officers and MES Officers.
Client: The Indian Army
Project: Decision Support System to make better posting decisions
Branches of the Indian Army needed a future proof solution which could run complex posting rules to identify the best man for the job, whilst also keeping the rules User definable, to cater to future changes in rules.
• Quantified rules based Decision Support System with User configurable rules
• A very simple system which could be handled by untrained staff
• Data backups to ensure no loss of critical data
• Audit logs to prevent tampering of critical data
• A very high degree of security, to ensure no loss of critical data
The Project was extremely complex, due to a very large number of Rules. The Project spanned an year and a half and included:
• Extensive visits by the development team to finalize requirements.
• Balsamiq mock-ups were shared with the client to finalize details.
• Poker Planning, Agile methodology with daily standups, sprints, and retrospectives were conducted.
• Test Driven Development was done.
• Code and Progress of work were shared with Client on Git and Trac respectively.
• Daily interactions were held with the Client, to ensure maximum communication.
• Deployment and training visits were conducted to train User staff on the application.
- Maintaining personnel data of Corps of Engineers Army Officers /MES Officers.
- Defining complex, configurable rules to shortlist officers for postings.
- Run posting rules to identify the best man for the best job.
- Posting Process management, from inception to issue of Posting Orders.
- Maintain Noting Sheets.
- Maintain Data on ACRs.
Posting processes which earlier took weeks now take only minutes to execute.
- A quantum shift from manual data management to automation of all posting processes
- Posting Rules are totally configurable – existing rules can be modified / deleted; new rules can be added to the system.
- Posting processes which earlier took weeks now take only minutes to execute.
Rails, Spring and Emberjs
Cucumber, Selenium, Capybara, rSpec and Jmeter. RubyMine, Git and Trac