Marks & Clerk
The project included web app development for a leading patent and trade mark attorney firm in UK (Marks & Clerk) to automate their patent services and to track reciprocity data from associate law firms and partners all over the world.
Client: Marks & Clerk
Project: Web Application for Patent Search
The Business Owner’s core need was to facilitate buying and selling of Intellectual Property online and to allow users to inquire about & fetch related data from various patent offices.
- Video calls and Interaction with the overseas client.
- Balsamiq mock-ups of the solution.
- Poker Planning, Agile methodology with daily standups, sprints and retrospectives.
- Test Driven Development
- Code and Progress of work shared with Client on SVN and Trac.
- A Web based tool to help attorneys easily select partners based on certain eligibility criteria.
- A Patent buying and selling service.
- A Patent inquiry module was added to the website.
- Recording and tracking Patent related data from multiple patent offices.
“Client business has grown many times since the implementation.”
- The implementation automated the Company’s Patent discovery services.
- Attorney could easily choose partner and keep track of their work based on hard data.
- Added tools helped attorneys choose partners and keep track of work sent out to and received from partners, facilitating smooth and mutually beneficial partnerships.
- A patent inquiry module was added to the Marks & Clerk website to facilitate the buying and selling of intellectual property.
Rails and Emberjs
Capistrano and Selenium