A web based Learning Content Management System with a multi-user environment where teachers across multiple schools may create, store, reuse, manage and deliver digital learning content from a central repository.
The application ensures the same quality of teaching and educational content across schools makes classroom teaching easy and effective.
Client: KR Manglam world school
Project: A Learning Content Management System
The business need was to achieve standardization and high quality of teaching all the Group schools in Delhi. Key results required were:
- An application which could easily be adopted by teachers.
- Centralization of content and its distribution to schools.
- Doing this over limited external bandwidth per school.
- The platform to assist in delivery of classroom teaching.
- The platform was to be designed in such a manner, to make delivery interesting.
- Extensive visits and interaction took place with WCCLG Staff.
- Balsamiq mockups of the solution were shared with the Client.
- Poker Planning, Agile process with daily stand-ups, sprints and retrospectives were conducted.
Test Driven Development was done.
- Code was shared with Client over Git and progress of work was shared over Trac.
- Daily interactions were conducted with Client during stand-ups, to ensure maximum communication and quick reactions.
On completion, the team visited the Client to deploy the application and to train Client staff.
- An asset library.
- Lesson Plan creation.
- Delivery of lesson plans in classrooms.
- On the spot quizzes.
“Client business has grown many times since the implementation.”
- The customer is now expanding the application to tablets and handheld devices.
- Centralization of content was achieved ever over limited bandwidths – school servers sync with the central server once a day. Thereafter, content is easily distributed within each school over local LAN.
Spring framework 2.5 and Emberjs
Junit, Cucumber and Selenium