Client : Security Products Supplier, Sparsh
Launched : 2012
Development of Dynamic DNS Allocation System for Sparsh Securities to allow their DVR (Digital Video Recorder) vendors to create DNSs for devices sold to end-customers.
- Devices can be configured with the DDNS Service.
- DDNS sends “API” calls to update its status on Sparsh servers.
- Users login to their accounts and monitor their DVRs (Digital Video Recorders).
The critical business need was to enable Sparsh end-customers to monitor and access Digital Video Recorder remotely from anywhere.
- Visits and interaction with Sparsh (Client).
- Balsamiq mockups of solution.
- Poker Planning, Agile methodology with daily stand-ups, sprints and retrospectives.
- Test Driven Development
- Code and Progress of work shared with Client on Git and Trac.
- Daily 15 min interaction with Client during stand-up, to ensure maximum communication and quick reactions.
- Technology : Ruby and Amazon Route 53.
- Platform : Rails.
- Database : PostgresQL and Amazon SES.
- Client received huge appreciation from new & existing customers for this feature.
- Users can stream video recordings remotely from anywhere with zero downtime.
- Users can anytime retrieve previous recording stored on remote servers.