Client : Patient Next Door (Atlanta)
Launched : 2015
The project includes a mobile app (iOS and Android) that helps a patient to connect with Patients and Doctors with similar problems (diseases) or relevant experience respectively and a mobile platform with search and other features.
- Search for people related to problems that a user needs advice on (might be a doctor who treats the problem or a patient who is undergoing treatment for the same problem).
- Calling option.
- Chatting Option.
- Book services.
- Read about issues related to your problem at forums.
- Submit articles to forums.
People often end up taking advice about health issues from family members or their family doctors. This project aims at broadening their horizon and allowing them to reach out to anyone and everyone with similar problems or with solutions to those problems.
The solution intends to connect doctors and patients on the same platform with user features like chatting, calling, getting information from forums and writing at forums (in case a user wishes to share his knowledge about the problem).
- Visits and interaction with Next Door.
- Balsamiq mockups of the solution were prepared.
- Poker Planning, Agile methodology with daily stand-ups, sprints and retrospectives.
- Test Driven Development
- Code and Progress of work shared with Client on Git and Trac.
- Daily 15 min interaction with Client during stand-up, to ensure maximum communication and quick reactions.
- Platform : Rails, EmberJs and Cordova.
- Database : PostgresQL.
- Testing Tools : Capistrano, Aptana Studio, SVN and Selenium.
- Project is currently undergoing delivery.